Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!!!!

Sorry for the lack of posts no posts in the past year….I would like to say it is because I am too busy, but that is not exactly true! I am working, taking care of kids, going to school for my MSN and fitting in time for exercise. So, I really have been busy. I just wish I could find a way to balance all of this and still blog regularly. I also have not run any races since this summer. Even then I only ran 1 or 2…and I won one!

Today at our house we are getting ready for Halloween by making Henrys costume…yep, nothing like waiting until the day of to make the costume! He is going to be a UPS truck and Olivia is going to the the UPS man. She LOVES the UPS man because he brings us shoes…or at least that is what she tells everyone! Clearly, I do a lot of online shoe shopping!

Running as of late has been going pretty good. I had surgery on my bum in September and had to limit running a bit but now I am back to about where I was before. I am still a touch slower, but on Sunday I pushed O in the stroller for an 8.05 mile run in 60 minutes! I was very, very happy with that because it was hilly and windy. I still average about 2 hours a day of exercise. I am trying to incorporate more HIIT into my exercise regimen, but I will say it is a challenge to do that AND run good, strong, long runs.

Here is one of my favorite workouts that makes your legs kill, and they will be sore for a day or two…or three after you complete it.

36 Rounds 10 seconds off and 30 seconds on

Low Jumping Jacks

Right Single Leg Dead Lift (I used a 10# DB in each hand)

Left Single Leg Dead Lift (same as previous)

Jump Lunge (I use no weight for these)

So you do each exercise 9 times…yep! Fun Times!

As an Ab exercise I like these three exercises

Reptile Push Ups

Knee Raises

V-Ups

Often I will do these after a workout like the one above and set my interval timer to 10/50 (10 seconds off 50 secs on) and do each exercise 2 or 3 times….

Hope you all have a great Halloween with your kiddos!

And, I am really going to try to start posting more regularly, so please comment and/or follow so I know who might be reading my blog, because I love to read your blogs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment