Friday, June 10, 2011

Running Rambles…

Well, my life has been a bit bizarre lately.  I worked last weekend and came home to the news that Scott’s Grandpa had passed away on Monday morning, so no camping, and instead a funeral and wake.  Not the happy, fun week we were hoping for.  So my exercising has gotten a bit off…but that is okay! Today I finally got in a GREAT workout.  It included a 2 hour and two minute run and 50 minutes on the elliptical.  Then, I am going to do a quick ab workout before heading to bed shortly.  Other workouts this week just included the regular running, walking, elliptical, biking.  I did get in one great bike ride this week of about an hour and ten minutes.  I was happy with that.  Next weekend I will be running a 5k on Saturday for the Zumbrota covered bridge fest, and am hoping for sub-21 minutes, and then on Sunday completing a sprint triathlon for RochesterFest, it will be the second year that I have done it.  I am just hoping this week it warms up a bit, because today it was cool…perfect for a two hour run (50 degrees) but cool to be jumping in a fresh water lake! I am still debating running a fall marathon…I just do not know, today when I was running I thought, “why not?!?!?” I would like to get a sub 3:30 and I totally know that I can do it, it is just a matter of pushing myself and running enough long runs prior to the race.  I am just not a huge fan of long training runs, I much prefer to do my regular exercise schedule.  I have not ever had an injury that has really set me back significantly, and I think it is because I know that I need diversity (from only running).  I typically run 7.5-9 miles every other day, in addition to walking, biking, elliptical, and other exercises for a total of 2 hours of exercise each day.  When I do try to run more than that I just do not feel like I am giving 100% on each run.  I used to.  Even after H was born I ran everyday, but after O I decided I just had to focus on staying healthy and active and not on running everyday so that I need a knee replacement at the age of forty.  I read other peoples posts about their detailed plans, and I cannot believe the amount of miles they run all of the time.  That is just not me.  I love running, but making myself run super fast for long periods of time is just not THAT fun! Maybe in the future when the kids are in school?!?! Well, I better get going to bed because I work tomorrow from 11am-11pm and I want to get up at 5am to get my workout in so I can clean house and play with the kids before work for a while! (hence the reason I switched into this shift instead of the 7a-7p shift) But, I cannot stand waking at 5am anymore! I cannot believe that I used to enjoy getting up that early!

Good Luck to everyone that is racing this weekend, and thanks for stopping by and reading my blog!

~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment